"For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." (Romans 14:10 , NKJV )
Abraham believed that the Judge of all the earth would do what was right (Genesis 18:25). God did and He will concerning the final judgment and destiny of all mankind. It will be according to "the righteous judgment of God" (Romans 2:5).
Today's reading sets forth four basic principles of God's judgment:
1. The judgment of God is always "according to truth" (v. 2). God incarnate was truth personified.
2. God "will render to each one according to his deeds" (v. 6). Our response to God's grace is faith, but our faith must be alive and active to avail.
3. "There is no partiality with God" (v. 11). Peter learned this lesson the hard way. God is not swayed by who we are or what we have. "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him" (Acts 10:35).
4. In that day "God will judge the secrets of men" (v. 16). Deeds, both good and bad, may be hidden in this world. But "God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing"
God's judgment will be righteous judgment.
Righteous God, we are thankful that in Christ we can face the judgment with assurance. In His name. Amen.
- JIM SUDDEATH, McEwen, Tennessee