"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12, KJV)
BEING responsible involves being dependable, honest, and courageous. It also requires knowledge, character, honesty, self-respect, and common sense. It means we care about ourselves and others and that we don't try to put blame on others when a mistake is made, especially if it is our mistake.
Consider our responsibilities:
* I am responsible for me (2 Corinthians 13:5; James 4:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
* I am responsible for my good name (Proverbs 22:1).
* I am responsible for my thoughts (Proverbs 23:7; Philippians 2:3; 4:8).
* I am responsible to work (2 Thessalonians 3:10).
* I am responsible to be happy (Philippians 4:11).
* I am responsible to trust God (Matthew 7:21).
Who is responsible for me spiritually? I am. Yes, me!
The ability to accept responsibility
is the measure of the man.
- Roy L. Smith
Father, please guide us as we seek to be responsible for our spiritual development. Encourage us in our personal devotion and bless us as Thou wilt as we recognize and strain forward in our individual growth. Through Jesus. Amen.
- W. SCOTT WOODLEE, Kingston, Tennessee